Textbook: Chapter 10
Links: Understanding Chemistry Virtual Textbook
1. Organic Compound Nomenclature
Mission 1: Not-Fundamentals
Mission Objective. You should be able to:
1. Describe a homologous series.
2. Differentiate between alkanes, alkenes & alkynes
3. Draw and interpret structural formulas
4. Identify different classes of functional groups
5. Apply IUPAC nomenclature rules to compounds
6. Discuss the structure of benzene
These videos are useful as introductions, but they do not include everything you need to know and be able to do. For the second video, skip to 1:25, where the instruction actually starts.