Magnification: size of image/size of specimen (or MIA)
1. Use a metric ruler to measure the length of the scale bar in millimeters.
2. Convert that measurement into the same unit as the scale bar.
3. Then divide the image scale bar length by the actual scale bar length.
1. Use ruler to measure specimen across its widest part.
2. Measure the length of the scale bar in millimeters.
3. Divide length of specimen by length of scale bar.
4. Calculate size by measuring scale bar label by the number in step 3.
1. Measure length of specimen in millimeters.
2. Convert this number into micrometers (microns).
3. Divide the length by the given magnification.